Children’s Centres have a Community Development Coordinator who is available to support and encourage parents and families to actively participate in all aspects of the centre.
Community Development Coordinators also partner with other agencies to plan and organise a range of programs including:
- Playgroups for parents and carers including Aboriginal families, dads, step-parents, grandparents, foster carers, family day care educators, refugees and newly arrived families and children.
- Parenting programs: child development, early literacy, song time, music and movement, baby massage, support groups and cooking.
- Community events: family fun days, community lunches, school holiday programmes cultural events, celebrations and BBQs.
- Personal development: literacy, career pathways, skill development, volunteering and adult education.
- Parents and Community: centre volunteer program, a Parent Advisory Group, engaging parents in the community.